John Taylor makes 5 pledges for Staffordshire
Hello, my name is John Taylor and I’m writing to inform you that I am Labours County Council candidate in the May elections.
Firstly I want to tell you why I think I would be a representative you can trust in these difficult times. For many years I have served on the Town, Borough and County Councils. I have experience of how local government works after holding several positions of authority including the chair of social services, member of the Police/fire authority and also leader of the county council. I have worked hard to deliver good value services for you and I would like the opportunity to continue this.
Under the Tory County Council we’re working harder, for longer, for less.
Our social services are suffering deep and damaging cuts. Here in Staffordshire the roads are crumbling, school services have been privatised and police stations have closed. Meanwhile our local NHS is undergoing massive upheaval and facing privatisation. A bedroom tax has also been introduced putting families under more pressure.
Lots of issues facing the new Talke & Red Street ward aren’t going to clear up without a hard working Councillor. I will campaign hard all year round and not just at election time. Through me you have a voice and I will do everything I can to put our area on the map and get us what we deserve.
I’ve lived in this area for most of my life and I know the needs of local people. I’ll speak up with a strong and clear voice as a champion and friend.
Labour’s 5 pledges for Staffordshire are as follows:
1. Freeze Council Tax Until 2015 – Labour will freeze council tax until at least 2015 – in contrast to the Tories’ planned 8% hike.
2. Creating Apprenticeships – Labour will create apprenticeships including graduates and the long term unemployed and encourage local business to do so to.
3. Protecting the National Health Service – Working with the NHS and local GP’s, Labour will make sure Health Services work together and patients are protected.
4. Free School Meals for all – Labour will set up pilot schemes to trial free school meals for all primary school children across the County.
5. Repairing our Roads – Labour will make sure potholes and road repairs are done quickly and properly, not just patched-up.
Posted on April 8, 2013, in Butt Lane, Talke and tagged Butt Lane, Butt Lane Blog, Butt Lane Community Blog, Butt Lane Councillor Kyle Robinson, Butt Lane News, Councillor for Butt Lane, Councillor John Taylor, Kidsgrove, Kidsgrove Community Blog, Kidsgrove News, labour councillors, politics, Staffordshire County Council, Staffordshire County Council Elections, Staffordshire County Council Elections 2013, Staffordshire County Council Kidsgrove, Talke, Talke and Red Street, www.cllrkylerobinson.com. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.