Slacken Lane Application Invalid
Residents won a small victory over planner’s yesterday evening after revealing an application for 6 dwellings off Slacken Lane was missing an essential document. The planning department also failed to advertise the application correctly and residents wouldn’t have known of it if Butt Lane Councillors hadn’t raised the alarm. The planning committee threw out the application and the applicant will now be asked to resubmit the application in full with the correct documents. This will give residents of Slacken Lane and beyond the opportunity to resubmit objections and scrutinise the plans further.
Residents, Councillors and the MP have objected to the application on the following grounds:
- Loss of amenity
- Over development – detrimental to the local environment and the abundance of wildlife in the area.
- Inappropriate development – the number of bungalows proposed is unacceptable and not in keeping with the area.
- Access – off a footpath beyond the wide part of Slacken Lane, and would require widening and adoption.
- Landscaping – lack of public spaces, the properties have only been allocated rear gardens with no provision for any soft landscaping to fronts of the dwellings to improve their appearance.
- Plans have not been submitted for each dwelling.
- Obscures view at the rear of an adjoining property.
- Butt Lane is becoming over developed as a whole and persistent development is putting severe pressure on the A34, Congleton Road.
It is clear that Councillors and residents will not back down on this and we continue to believe that any development permitted will be detrimental to the local environment. Strangulation of Congleton Road has already begun and by building more properties around the A34 you are asking for a congestion crisis!
Posted on June 5, 2013, in Butt Lane and tagged Butt Lane, Butt Lane Blog, Butt Lane Community Blog, Butt Lane Councillor Kyle Robinson, Butt Lane Kyle Robinson, Butt Lane News, Cllr Kyle Robinson, cllrkylerobinson, community, Community Blog, Congleton Road, Councillor for Butt Lane, Councillor Kyle Robinson, Councillor Kyle Robinson's Blog, inappropriate development, Joan Walley MP, Kidsgrove, Kidsgrove Bloggers, Kidsgrove Community Blog, Kidsgrove News, Kidsgrove Town Council, Kyle Robinson, kyle robinson newcastle, labour councillors, loss of amenity, Newcastle Borough Council, Slacken Lane, Talke, www.cllrkylerobinson.com. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.